License

groschen
groschen
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

I have reinstalled my operating system on the Macbook. I had 1 password for ios and osx purchased through the App Store. Now I can not install it anymore because I do not have a license key or account.
What can I do? I do not have to buy the program, right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have reinstalled my operating system on the Macbook. I had 1 password for ios and osx purchased through the App Store. Now I can not install it anymore because I do not have a license key or account. My name is Christian Zehnpfennig email: zehnpfennig@web.de

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @groschen,

If you purchased 1Password 4-6 via the Mac App Store then the purchase is tied to your Apple ID so no licence. What you'll want to do is sign into your Apple account in the App Store application and then check the purchase history. Once you download from there everything should work. If you only search the Mac App Store for 1Password though you'll only find 1Password 7 which does require a 1Password account. The 1Password accounts are our much newer approach, it's a subscription based service where we host your encrypted data and the subscription includes access to the latest version of 1Password on all supported platforms. 1Password 6 does continue to work although as development on it has ceased possible future changes to either macOS or the supported browsers could impact on older versions of 1Password.

I hope that helps, if you're still having trouble please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.