Crashing on iPhone xr

azcoop
azcoop
Community Member

I cannot use 1 password app on iPhone xr. It recognizes my face, flashes my info from 1 password then pops back to my cell phone home screen. Been going on a couple of days. Works on my iPad and my desktop. I powered down iPhone and restarted. It did not help. Could you please advise?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Help crashing

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @azcoop! Welcome to the forum!

What 1Password app version and iOS version are you running on this device?

• johnnyappleseed
    johnnyappleseed
    Community Member

Hey @azcoop this happened to me too. I had to uninstall the app and then reinstall to get 1password working again.

• azcoop
    azcoop
    Community Member

The 1P app suddenly started crashing. I tried turning off phone and restart w/o success. I can use the app on my iMac and my iPad. But I need it on the phone. Finally I deleted the app on iPhone. Reinstalled. Went thru the set up process. Still crashing. Sent a link from iMac to iPhone and it went thru, but it crashes on iPhone. I'm so frustrated and unhappy. Would you please help me?

1Password Version: Version 7.3.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 10.14.5 on iMac
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:crashing app on iPhone xr after reinstall of app--the reason that I reinstalled the app

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@johnnyappleseed: thank you for the tip! Out of curiosity, what version of 1Password and of iOS were you running when this happened?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azcoop:

I have merged your new thread into this discussion since they are about the same topic, so we can keep everything in one place.

Can you please let us know what 1Password app version and iOS version you are running on this device?

• azcoop
    azcoop
    Community Member

Thank you for trying to help me. I cannot open app on I phone, so how do I know what version of 1P. And I just now discovered this place to communicate. I think version 12.4 on iPhone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azcoop: thank you for the confirmation. Can you please send us a diagnostics report from this iOS device so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• azcoop
    azcoop
    Community Member

I’m not up this late. I’ll check back tomorrow at this place. Thanks for listening. Oh and I sent “Send Report” button when the iPhone noticed the crash. I’ve done that several times.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azcoop Sounds good, we'll be here tomorrow too :)

Also, when you tap on "Send Report", I believe that the report is sent to Apple themselves. Our diagnostics report is different though, and focuses on 1Password logs rather than iOS logs, and you have to send that manually.

• zazan
    zazan
    Community Member

Hi,
    it's not just XR issue. since last 1Pass update to v.7.3.4 the app crashes constantly or gets into crash loop on my XS as well.
    The reason is WLAN sync (in my case).
    If WLAN server is disabled on Mac (1Pass for Mac v.7.3.1) then no crash on iPhone but no sync either.
    This started after update to 1Pass v.7.3.4 for iOS. Before that update everything worked as expected.
    If on iPhone (1) 'Disable Sync', (2) 'Erase All 1Password Data' and then configure WLAN sync again - first sync goes well but after that the app keeps crashing again.
    1Pass runs on MacOS 10.14.6 and iOS 12.4
    /cheers

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Hi @zazan!

This issue will be fixed in the next 1Password for iOS version 7.3.5. You can ready some more details in this post from one of our developers.

In the first post of the topic, it looks like they are using iCloud though, so I am not sure if this is related.

• zazan
    zazan
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana,
    look forward to the fix asap.
    /cheers

• :+1: :)

Ben

• azcoop
    azcoop
    Community Member

So no fix yet for my iPhone XR crashing problem? I'll try to be patient but it is easy for me to overlook things, so I have my fingers crossed. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azcoop:

We are still waiting for your diagnostic report to see why this is happening to you. You can find the instructions to send one in my previous post to you.

I also recommend updating to version 7.3.5 before you send the report, because we released a new update since you originally opened this discussion. It's always good to be on the latest version of the app anyway before troubleshooting ;)

This discussion has been closed.