new login on iPhone, sync to mac appears okay, but new login not on mac

Eldiablojoe
Eldiablojoe
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I entered a new login today on my iPhone 4 with the iOS4 running. Then I went into my 1Password on my MacBook (Snow Leopard). I authorized the new device and removed my 3GS.

I synced, and everything appeared okay. However, my newly entered login is still on the iPhone 4, but not in 1Password on the MacBook.

:confused:

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 1969
    Can you tell me in more details, 1) when you entered the new login, was that before the actual initial sync to 1PW on the client for the first time, meaning you created a new DB without syncing first to 1PW?

2) Have you rebuild 1PW data file and clear the cache? All is in Help> Troubleshooting Menu for 1PW
    3) You have the latest updates for both right?
    4) Is this new "login" an actual login account? I had one user who thought he created a login but in actuality he created an account and was looking for it in the wrong place. I just want to make sure you are looking at the right place.
  • Eldiablojoe
    Eldiablojoe
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Sorry, I'm not that tech savvy. I have no idea how to rebuild a data file or clear the cache. When I get some time this weekend, I will follow your help-> troubleshooting link to do so.

It is not in accounts, it was supposed to be a new login. It is still in my iPhone 4 as such, but doesn't sync that login over to the MacBook.

Yes, all my updates are up to date.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Sorry, I'm not that tech savvy. I have no idea how to rebuild a data file or clear the cache. When I get some time this weekend, I will follow your help-> troubleshooting link to do so.

It is not in accounts, it was supposed to be a new login. It is still in my iPhone 4 as such, but doesn't sync that login over to the MacBook.

Yes, all my updates are up to date.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

Rebuilding the 1Password data file and clearing the cache are both operations available only in 1Password Mac. While it's unlikely that's your issue, it won't hurt to do them either.

Please let us know if you need additional assistance.
This discussion has been closed.