Administrator was let go and did not leave the master password

Our company has a shared business vault. We have gone through a major staff change and both of our administrators for the 1Password vaults were let go. They did not leave their master password, and I cannot find their emergency key. How can we get back into the vault without losing all the data. And if we have to lose data to gain access into the vault how can we do that. I do not want my company to pay for a service we can't access.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared vault administrator left

Comments

• Hi @AdminEntera

If there is no one remaining on the membership with owner level permissions your best bet would be to create a new membership and migrate your data over to it. You can then email our billing team to have the billing on the original membership stopped, and any credit remaining moved over. They can be reached at support+billing@1password.com.

To create a new membership and move the data:

1. Sign up here: https://start.1password.com/sign-up/plan
    2. Create your own account, being sure to print your Emergency Kit and store it in a safe place
    3. Re-create any shared vaults that you need and invite the rest of your team: Create, share, and manage vaults in your team
    4. Promote any other administrators/owners as appropriate: Use the built-in groups in your team (these folks especially should also print their Emergency Kits)
    5. Move the data from the old account to the new: Move and copy items — Each person will need to move the items in their Personal vault. Only one person needs to move the contents of the Shared vault.
    6. To avoid confusion everyone should remove the old account from their apps (1Password > Preferences > Accounts)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.