1Password X doesn't fill one time password in AWS Console

willypimpernel
willypimpernel
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

When logging into the AWS Management Console at https://console.aws.amazon.com, after entering details on the first page (account alias, username, password) I am presented with the MFA screen; 1Password X does not fill this and doesn't show a little icon in the field, so I have to either navigate to the OTP in 1Password and copy/paste, or use the old 1Password browser extension.

To test this you'd need to create a (free) AWS account and set up MFA, instructions here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/IAM/latest/UserGuide/id_credentials_mfa_enable_virtual.html

I'm using 1Password X in Chrome Version 76.0.3809.87

1Password Version: 1.15.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @willypimpernel! Thanks for letting us know you're having trouble with your OTP autofilling in the AWS Console. I just tried it out with my own AWS account and another account I had access to, and my OTP filled as I'd expect each time. Have you been able to reproduce this consistently?

I'd also like you to give something a try just to see if you have any luck getting your OTP filled. Once you get to the MFA screen, try clicking the 1Password X icon in your browser toolbar to open the popup. Select your AWS Login item and click the Autofill button. Does your OTP fill at that point?

• novaphoenix
    novaphoenix
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I can a similar this issue with my own setup. The 1 password x field 'shortcuts' do not work in aws console (they appear, but do not function), requiring the use of toolbar icon menu.

I've only seen this occur with the AWS console login page, and other login pages seem to work fine.

Tested with 1password X beta / 1password beta Chrome/Mac

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @novaphoenix! Thank you for letting us know you're having trouble with the AWS console sign in page. Just to double check, is the issue happening when you open the following link?

https://console.aws.amazon.com

Is it that you don't see a 1Password X icon inside the email address field or that you're unable to click the 1Password X icon to invoke the inline menu?

• novaphoenix
    novaphoenix
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn,

I can confirm when access that page, i can see the email/id field, interact with it normally and see the 1password icon. The icon appears interactive (ie cursor changed to action when hovered).

When clicking it (while logged out of 1passwordx), it will prompt me to sign into 1 password x (which is then possible). However there is no further menu shown. Repeated clicking (while logged into to 1passwordx), even after page refreshing, does not present the drop down menu for field completion.

I can however access the 1passwordx menu from the chrome toolbar, obtain the autocomplete menu and have it successfully inject details into the form as normal, so this appears limited purely to the in-field icons.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@novaphoenix – That seems to be a separate issue than the one that was originally reported. I just gave it a try with the 1Password X beta (1.17.0.beta), and I'm able to use the inline menu as normal. Could you let me know what version of Chrome you're using? Additionally, are you using any other extensions aside from 1Password X? You don't necessarily need to list them here, but I'd be curious if the same thing happened in a fresh Chrome profile with only 1Password X installed. If you could give that a try and let me know how it goes, that'd be great!

• novaphoenix
    novaphoenix
    Community Member

You’re quite right @kaitlyn . I do apologise that I appear to have hijacked a thread that isn’t really the same issue. I will open a new ticket and feedback on your questions separately so the OP can continue with their issue if needed.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

No worries at all, @novaphoenix! I don't mind; I just thought it was interesting that you each ran into separate issues with the AWS console. I'll look forward to hearing back from you either way. :)

This discussion has been closed.