Inconsistent behaviour of browser extension

Options

I have 1Password subscription.
I primarily use Chrome, but same problems have occurred in Firefox.
Browsers and 1Pass are fully updated.

Since upgrade to v7, my browser extensions are behaving inconsistently as follows:
1) Very rarely, keyboard shortcut fails to open 1Pass extension.
2) Occasionally, when extension opens it doesn't recognise a known page and displays entire list of credentials.
3) Rarely, "autofill" won't fill in user name on page that asks for only user name (eg first page of portal.office.com). I must repeat the keyboard shortcut and select Autofill again. Very rarely, that doesn't work despite multiple attempts and I must manually copy user name and enter it.
4) Very frequently, Autofill enters selected user name and I progress to next page of login dialogue where page asks for password (example is portal.office.com where I have multiple credentials). Then I use keyboard shortcut again and 1Pass dialogue opens, but 1Pass doesn't remember the credentials I just entered so it suggest wrong password. I have to manually scroll list to correct credentials and click Autofill again. At this point 1Pass occasionally enters password, but often nothing happens. I have to repeat keyboard shortcut, scroll to correct password, and then click Autofill again. After repeating steps several times, eventually 1Pass enters password. Rarely, it repeatedly fails and eventually I must manually copy and paste password.

Things I have tried:
1) Remove and reinstall extension.
2) Restart Mac.
3) Check for updates to 1Password.
4) Add 1Password to Accessibility security list.

I have sent a diagnostic report to support@1password.com, but the auto-reply didn't contain a ticket ID.

1Password Version: 7.31
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Pass subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @posix!

We can try locating your diagnostics report, but we need the ticket number for that. Can you please take another look at the automatic email that you received and see if you notice a code that starts with [#?

• Hey @posix! Let's continue the conversation in your open email conversation so we're not duplicating our efforts. 🙂
    ref: WWB-21845-858

This discussion has been closed.