Newest Version Crashs on iPhone XR when editing secure notices

yoyos
yoyos
Community Member

Hi.
I installed the latest version of 1Password on 20th July.
Since then the App crashes every time I edit one specific entry.
Do you know this already?
How can I support your invest?
Regards michael

Comments

• Hi @yoyos

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. With your email please include a link to this thread:
      https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105933/newest-version-crashs-on-iphone-xr-when-editing-secure-notices#latest
      as well as your forum handle.
    6. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

In addition I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPhone:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

With this email as well please include a link to this thread and your forum username and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

When you send the messages you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support IDs here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Thanks!

Ben

• yoyos
    yoyos
    Community Member

Hello Ben.

Many thx for your quick answer.
    I just(a few minutes ago) found the root cause for my problem.
    It was a very large Secure Note(several hundred lines large), which let to Problems. It grows every time I synced.
    I migrated the content into some new simple notes and deleted the large ohne.

Now my 1Password works fine again.

regards michael

• yoyos
    yoyos
    Community Member

Hello Ben.
    I didn‘t close 1Password after the last crash.
    May I send the diagnostics nevertheless?
    regards michael

• Yes, please, we'd like to see those to see if there are any improvements we can make on our end. I am glad to hear you were able to find a workaround though. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.