Autofill on iOS 12.4

Options
nightfoxx7
nightfoxx7
Community Member

I just downloaded the app to my iPhone 8 and I’m trying to use autofill. The app makes me enter my master password every time before autofilling the password. How do I fix this?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nightfoxx7! Welcome to the forum!

Is this happening even after you unlock the main 1Password app at least once?

• nightfoxx7
    nightfoxx7
    Community Member
    Options

Yes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nightfoxx7:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please make sure that either TouchID or FaceID (depending on the device you are using) are enabled?

• nightfoxx7
    nightfoxx7
    Community Member
    Options

My iPhone is an 8 so no Face ID and I’d rather not use Touch ID. I was playing with it and I realized that it is asking for the master password once then filling it in.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nightfoxx7: if you don't want to use TouchID, then you need to unlock 1Password with your Master Password, there is no other way to do it. And every time you want to use AutoFill in iOS 12, you need to unlock 1Password so it can decrypt your data, so what you are seeing is the correct behavior.

Using TouchID to unlock your 1Password app would make this easier though, if you ever change your mind on it :)

• Ben
    Options

In addition to what Ana mentioned you may be interested in this guide:

About Touch ID security in 1Password for iOS

Ben

• nightfoxx7
    nightfoxx7
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thank you for your help. Can I use a passcode in lieu of Touch ID so I can autofill without putting in the master password first?

• Ben
    Options

@nightfoxx7

I don't believe that would achieve what you're trying to accomplish. We do offer a PIN code "Quick Unlock" option in 1Password but if memory serves biometrics must be enabled for unlocking the device in order for that option to be available.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.