Admin of new Family account locked out of app on Mac, but password works online & on IOS devices.

AmyC512
AmyC512
Community Member

I am the admin of a new Family subscription. My master password works to login online to my account and on my iOS device 1Password apps. But it doesn't work to open my Mac 1Password app. Can you help? I have my Emergency Kit scan code. But not other passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password7 master works to login online/on IOS devices won't let me login to Mac app

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AmyC512! Welcome to the forum!

Do you by chance have an additional *Primary** vault on this 1Password for Mac app, which is not on your iOS device?

• AmyC512
    AmyC512
    Community Member

@ag_ana I don’t think I have an additional Primary vault on my Mac account but it’s a possibility. Without the ability to login, I can’t know for sure.

• AmyC512
    AmyC512
    Community Member

I meant Mac app, not Mac account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AmyC512:

You can access the 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab even with 1Password locked to check this, but we can check this for you too. Please send us a diagnostics report from this Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• AmyC512
    AmyC512
    Community Member

Done. Here is my ticket number. [#BNR-52113-888]

When I checked the Vaults tab in Preferences, all the fields were blank.

Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @AmyC512! I confirm that we have received your message, we will get back to you via email as soon as we can :)

ref: BNR-52113-888

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AmyC512 - hey there. Thanks for sending in the diagnostics report. It showed me you do indeed have a Primary (standalone) vault in 1Password for Mac. That's going to be the problem right there. Fortunately, there's no actual data in it (except for one trashed item), so this will be easy: just click Preferences > Advanced and un-check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." That will require you to enter your Master Password, and it should leave you running your 1Password account only.

If that doesn't work because you can't remember the Master Password you used for the Primary (standalone) vault, then alternatively, you can just click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data. This will erase all data in 1Password for Mac (but not in your account), after which you can re-launch 1Password for Mac and simply sign in with your account credentials. Let me know how you get on! :)

• AmyC512
    AmyC512
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

@Lars, unfortunately, I’m still having problems. Step 1 wasn’t an option because when I opened the Advanced preference menu, unchecking the box wasn’t an action I could take. The field was faded and had a horizontal line through the box.
    I took Step 2 but when I signed back into my account no passwords appeared. It’s empty. Can you please advice?

All data (around 1,000 entries) is still on my iOS devices, which are logged into my family account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AmyC512:

Have you added your 1Password account to the app after resetting it? in other words, under 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab, do you see the same account there as the one you use on your iOS devices?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AmyC512 - since that appears not to have worked for you, let's continue this discussion about your specific setup in private via email instead of on this public forum. Thanks.

• AmyC512
    AmyC512
    Community Member

@Lars thank you for your help. For some reason, my Mac app Is now populated with all of my passwords! Please disregard the diagnostic reports I sent to you. Problem solved

• Hi @AmyC512

Thanks for the update. I let Lars know. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.