For those who prefer local vaults, suggestion for in-app purchases.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited July 2019 in iOS

Agilebits couldn’t, like before, offer a Pro in-app package for Standalone? When 1Password went with the Freemium model with 1Password 5 to 6+ for iOS, that was what you did until when Pro was removed. Some are adamant against the subscription model. Maybe for those who want it, put back the Pro in-app features?

As I am a subscriber, it doesn’t affect me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sure that the sales and marketing teams have considered (and are considering) all possible options :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

You're welcome. Lots of fed up customers right now. I am only mildly fed up for 1Password removing features without a good reason and not communicate it. Agilebits can do better than this!

I presume this gripe is for iOS. Windows and other gripes e.g. Vanilla Forum software won't be taken into account here. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

We listen to feedback all the time, and indeed one of our developers is currently discussing this right on the forum :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

We listen to feedback all the time, and indeed one of our developers is currently discussing this right on the forum :)

Would it be too much to ask for Folders to return to a future version of 1Password for iOS. If Agilebits is listening to feedback, it's a suggestion. Some of us have used 1Password for over 1 decade and like Folders.

Agilebits removed Folders in 1Password subscription before removing the ability to create local vaults in 1Password 7.3.3 for iOS. Can’t Folders and Tags coexist from within iOS for subscribers?

There are times when moving forward, in hindsight, seems retrograde.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019
    Options

The difficulty with folders is that the improved functionality of tags (i.e. nesting) makes them largely redundant, and redundant features cause confusion. It seems it would be wise to focus on fixing any gaps that exist in the functionality of tags, rather than going backwards and putting folders back in.

Listening to feedback doesn't mean doing everything that customers suggest / demand. But we do try to factor what people are asking for into our decision making. Often times we don't necessarily implement things exactly the way that someone has suggested, but achieve the desired outcome through different means.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, @brenty,

Of the features in 1Password, 1Browser, for some time now, has been quite lacking in comparison to Safari. I use Safari 100% of the time now. I imagine 1Browser will be removed but it’s still there? 1Browser is hidden now. A long press on the bottom bar activates it. Other posts have brought up 1Browser’s lack of features.

It is hard to give up on some old features though.

Thank you.,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We recommend using Safari rather than 1Browser (especially now with iOS 12 AutoFill), but some users still prefer 1Browser :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi

IOS 12 AutoFill has its own set of issues. I am waiting for IOS 13/iPadOS before trying AutoFill again. Thanks.

In iOS 12 AutoFill there is no search capability just a scroll list. My 1Password login list differs from the AutoFill login list sometimes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perhaps Apple will add some additional functionality to iOS Password Autofill, like search, in the future. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi I applaud Agilebits to take the time to get things right, impatient as we users are, to see features. It's a difficult task.

Thank you for also implementing an alternative to the yearly credit card charges with the e-card (Gift Card) payment.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words wkleem. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben,

I wish I could give better opinions. I am still on a 4" iPhone, love small phones :) and the 8" iPad Minis. My PCs are one decade old too.

• Ben
    Options

I personally wish Apple would release a new small phone, but it seems large phones are all the rage.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.