Updated to 1password 7 with subscription. Now having trouble linking iPhone app to my account

lmiller217
lmiller217
Community Member

I am migrating from 1Password 6 using iCloud to sync my iMac, iPhone and iPad. I downloaded 1Password 7 to my mac. I created a family account with 1Password. I will add family members later. All my passwords are now available in my Mac app and when logging in to my 1Password account using Safari. My iPhone still shows it synced to the iCloud. When I try to add the account on my iPhone (Scanning Setup Code and entering my master password) I am then told that a "1Password Update Required." How do I get my iMac, iPhone and iPad all synced to the same vault?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password app
Referrer: forum-search:updated to 1password 7 now adding iPhone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lmiller217!

Can you please confirm what iOS version you are running on your iPhone, and what version of the 1Password app for iOS you are trying to install?

• lmiller217
    lmiller217
    Community Member

iOS 12.4. I believe its the most current.
    I don't now what version my iOS 1 Password app is, but it is the most current as I have all my apps updated.

• lmiller217
    lmiller217
    Community Member

found it 7.3.4

• lmiller217
    lmiller217
    Community Member

I am migrating from 1Password 6 where I was using iCloud to sync my iMac, iPhone and iPad. I then downloaded 1Password 7 to my mac. I created a family account with 1Password. I will add other family members later. All my passwords are now available in my Mac app on my iMac and when logging in to my 1Password account using Safari. My iPhone still shows it synced to the iCloud. When I try to add the account on my iPhone(iOS 12.4) (Scanning Setup Code and entering my master password) I am then told by my iPhone 1Password App (7.3.4) that a "1Password Update Required." How do I get my iMac, iPhone and iPad all synced to the same vault?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
    Extension Version: 7.3.1
    OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
    Sync Type: 1 Password App
    Referrer: forum-search:Updated to 1password 7 with subscription. Now having trouble linking iPhone app to my account

• @lmiller217

Thank you for that information.

I am then told that a "1Password Update Required."

Could you please post a screenshot of this message?

▷ How to take a screenshot

Ben

• lmiller217
    lmiller217
    Community Member

Well after trying over 6 times earlier today with it not working I went to try it again to get a screen shot and this time it had me use the authenticator and after fighting with that IT WORKED!

• @lmiller217

It must've heard us talking about it. ;) Strange; but I'm glad it worked out. I can't say I recall ever seeing that message before. If it comes up again please try to grab a screenshot. I'd be interested to learn what is causing it.

Ben

• Wishmaster
    Wishmaster
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

@Ben

I am on iOS10.2.1 and have been using 1password for many years. Today I had to reinstall the app and now am getting this:

edit: I just managed to add my vault from 1password.com but I had to deactivate the 2f auth! I hope you can fix this little bug.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2019

Hi @Wishmaster

You'd need to upgrade to a newer version of iOS for full compatibility with 1Password.com.

System requirements for 1Password

Ben

• kazaroth
    kazaroth
    Community Member

I’m on ios13.3 on my iPad and I’m now seeing this message and can’t sign in...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kazaroth:

What version of the 1Password app are you using?

• kazaroth
    kazaroth
    Community Member

Version 7.4.3

• @kazaroth

To be clear: the error message you're seeing is "1Password Update Required"? If so, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105986/updated-to-1password-7-with-subscription-now-having-trouble-linking-iphone-app-to-my-account#latest
    • Your forum username: kazaroth
    • A screenshot showing the error message

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• kazaroth
    kazaroth
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I submitted the email as above yesterday but still haven’t had any reply from the BitBot with a Support ID. Yes I also checked my junk...

-J

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've found your email. I'll follow up with you there shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.