To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Have two vaults on iOS apps but one desktop (both 7 with membership) how to sync and delete one?

ramon
ramon
Community Member

I think this is a result of the upgrade to 7 and membership but I am also using the iOS betas, stock app on desktop.

I see a different number of items between them, how do I run a diff or sync them before deleting the local (dropbox) vault?
The local (dropbox) vault has more items than the new Personal (membership) vault.

Thanks in a advance.

1Password Version: 7.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: membership
Referrer: forum-search:Have two vaults on iOS apps but one desktop (both 7 with subscription), how to sync and delete 1

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ramon,

Two possible approaches spring to mind here.

1. With the local vault selected and in the All Items view, sort the vault by Date Modified which can be found directly under the search field in the Item List pane. Select all the items that have a date modified newer than the creation of the 1Password account and copy all of those items to the 1Password account vault. For items that were modified rather than created there will now be two items and you will need to either delete the older one or merge the data as needed.
    2. Copy everything from the local vault to the 1Password account vault. With the 1Password account vault active, use the menu option Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items. This will clear up the majority of duplicate items. As in 1. though, for items that were modified rather than created there will now be two items and you will need to either delete the older one or merge the data as needed.

Both of these assume 1Password for Mac. If I've understood correctly though the local vault is only available in 1Password for iOS. That will mean the first approach isn't possible but 2. can be tweaked. You can still select everything from the local vault and copy it to the 1Password account vault from 1Password for iOS. Our support page Move and copy items details the specific steps for each platform in the Move or copy items in the apps section and has a nice image for 1Password for iOS that should help. You would then switch to 1Password for Mac for the Clean Up Duplicate Items function which is only present in 1Password for Mac.

Either approach should work and leave you with only a small amount of tidying up. After that you can delete the local vault in 1Password for iOS and this link will take you to the steps on how to do this for 1Password for iOS, part of our Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account page.

If I've misunderstood any part of the issue you're facing or anything above isn't clear please say.

• ramon
    ramon
    Community Member

Thanks so much. Option 2, copy and remove duplicates, worked perfectly.
    Cheers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.