Didn't there used to be custom views?

Options
bryanschmiedeler
bryanschmiedeler
Community Member

I thought that there used to be a feature in 1Password that allowed users to create custom views. At least you could add and remove columns in a view.

To me this feature just cries out to be added. Use cases.

I have a lot of credit cards that I use for frequent flyer programs and such. Would love to mark cards for which I still need to meet spend to get the rewards (now I usually favorite the card and unfavorite after I meet the requirement). I would create a "Brand" field or something like that, so I could enter the Airline/Hotel Brand that this card was affiliated with. Some cards have price protection, or charge no foreign transaction fees, etc.

Understand that this is NOT the main use of 1Password. To my mind, 1Password wins hands down as password/identity manager. There are so many things that I keep track of in your product, BUT there are additional bits of information that I really want to keep track of, and if I cannot do it in 1Password then I have to have an Excel file or something like that. Would rather just keep it all in your program.

Oh well, I asked.

Bryan

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X 15 Beta
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi @bryanschmiedeler!

I don't remember seeing custom views, at least since I started using 1Password. The only place where I could find something like this is in the export feature, so maybe someone who has been around longer than I have might remember something :)

I have a lot of credit cards that I use for frequent flyer programs and such. Would love to mark cards for which I still need to meet spend to get the rewards (now I usually favorite the card and unfavorite after I meet the requirement). I would create a "Brand" field or something like that, so I could enter the Airline/Hotel Brand that this card was affiliated with. Some cards have price protection, or charge no foreign transaction fees, etc.

Custom fields sound like a great solution to this, but have you also considered using tags? Especially now that we support nested tags, you could have something like "ff/brand1", "ff/brand2", "cards/foreignfee", "cards/noforeignfee" etc.

This discussion has been closed.