MERGING VAULTS

Options
dpkavanaugh
dpkavanaugh
Community Member

Our company controller has 1Password 6 with a primary vault on his computer. We want to merge it with a new company 1Password 7 vault which resides on another computer. Is that possible? On the 1Password 7 machine we have an empty primary vault and 3 other vaults that we have created and an empty shared vault.

1Password Version: 6.8.9 and 7.3.1`
Extension Version: 6.8.9 and 7.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6 on both MACS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dpkavanaugh!

If you are using iCloud to sync your data, as you wrote in your first post, there is no way to do this, as you can only add one Apple ID at the time, with one 1Password vault.

This should instead be possible if you use another sync method. Are all of these vaults stored in iCloud?

• dpkavanaugh
    dpkavanaugh
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any easy way to tell if 1Password is using iCloud to store the vaults. I'm thinking that is how I set it up but not for sure. If I log onto my iCloud account I do not see any reference to 1Password. I don't have DropBox so I'm pretty sure I'm not using that app to sync but I do know the vaults are being synced between devices.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dpkavanaugh:

Yes, if you are on a Mac you can open 1Password Preferences and go to the Sync tab. All vaults in there will show the sync method that they are using.

If you have other vaults which do not show up in the Sync tab, it means that those are vaults stored on 1Password.com, synced through an Individual, Families or Business account.

• dpkavanaugh
    dpkavanaugh
    Community Member
    Options

I logged onto 1Password (7.3.1 MAC), opened 1Password Preferences, but there is NO Sync tab. I presume that means that all of the vaults are being stored on 1Password.com. I have a Families account. If that is the case then from your previous comment I should be able to merge the controller's account with our families acount?

• Ben
    Options

@dpkavanaugh

Businesses are not eligible to use 1Password Families memberships. We offer 1Password Teams and 1Password Business memberships for business organizations. If you're currently using 1Password Families for your business please reach out to our business team at business@1password.com — they can help you migrate to a more appropriate membership.

If you do not have a 'sync' tab on your devices it is because all of your vaults are being synced with 1Password.com.

Ben

• dpkavanaugh
    dpkavanaugh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the information. The families account is strictly being used for personal vaults at this time. We were thinking of adding our personal LLC to that membership but it sounds like that is not allowed.

• Ben
    Options

1Password Teams or 1Password Business would likely be a better fit for that. One advantage of 1Password Business is that each member of the business account gets a complementary 1Password Families membership. If you did add a 1Password Business membership to the equation that would essentially pay for your 1Password Families membership.

Our business team should be able to get you pointed in the right direction if you have further questions or want to discuss the specifics: business@1password.com

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.