FaceID Problem

LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

10+ year 1Password veteran using v7.3.4 on a new iPad Pro with iOS 12.4. At least once a day, if not more, when I try to open the 1Password app it wants my login credentials, even though FaceID is setup and works fine the rest of the time. That said, if I open 1Password by tapping on “Passwords” in an app, it always uses FaceID as it should.

90% of the time when I open 1Password, FaceID works fine and there’s no problem. But only in those other infrequent instances does FaceID not work. Then I do NOT see the FaceID icon and the only way into 1P is with full credentials.

“Require Master Password” has always been set to “2 weeks”...it’s like that on all my devices.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LarryMcJ!

For confirmation: is this happening when you open the main 1Password app, or when you use the AutoFill feature in iOS 12?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Only when opening the 1Password app. FaceID always works with autofill.

BTW, I never received the usual email notification that someone had replied to this post. I haven’t changed my forum settings. I just happened to check to see if anyone had replied.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ:

Does it by chance happen consistently after a reboot, or even randomly during the day?

BTW, I never received the usual email notification that someone had replied to this post. I haven’t changed my forum settings. I just happened to check to see if anyone had replied.

We are aware of some issues with email notifications, we have reached out to the forum provider for an update.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

It happens randomly. I would expect FaceID to not work after a restart.

• Hey @LarryMcJ 👋

The next time you notice this happen please unlock 1Password and then send us a diagnostic report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105958/faceid-problem#latest
    • Your forum username: LarryMcJ

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Will do, Ben. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Looking forward to your message :+1:

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

So no sooner did I post this problem...it disappeared! You guys are really good :)

Seriously, it hasn’t occurred again. I’m wondering if something else I am doing might be causing FaceID not to activate? I know restarting a device requires a manual login to 1Password...anything else?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ:

I know that you are prompted for your Master Password when FaceID fails too many times, or by default once every two weeks, but it shouldn't happen regularly. Since the time you posted, we also pushed the 7.3.5 update, so perhaps that helped too :)

This discussion has been closed.