Possible to use Variable with Identities

Options

I have my own domain and on each site I create an account I use sitename@mydomain.com, because my domain has the catch all enabled all mail automatically comes in my inbox.
The reason for this is that it enables me to see which sites are leaking my account information and add a bit of additional security.

What would be really nice if 1Password could use the sitename when autofilling my Identity in the email field.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Orado,

I can see why you would love this kind of feature but I'm sure you also appreciate that it's a very niche request. Heck I use unique email addresses for every service and I can't imagine there is anything more than a very small number of us that do so. The trouble is development time is always a finite resource and this will be really hard to justify, not when there are always going to be other areas that benefit a much larger section of the 1Password users.

I apologise that I'm not sounding more positive about the likelihood of such a feature making its way into 1Password but between the number that could take advantage and having to ensure it doesn't impact the usability for the much larger group that will never care, it feels unlikely - sorry.

This discussion has been closed.