1Password X integration with 1Password desktop app

Martijnn
Martijnn
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I like that 1Password X works as a standalone browser extension. This means I can also use 1Password on my Chromebook.
I think 1Password X is actually a better extension than the normal one.
The only thing that annoys me is that I have to enter my master password again if I want to open the desktop app while 1Password is already unlocked in my web browser.

I think it would be nice if 1Password X can work together with the desktop apps on Windows and Mac like the normal extension, but also as a standalone browser extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version:_Windows 10 (1903)
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Martijnn,

That is something that we're working on, and currently have in beta:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. :)

Ben

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member

@Ben

When does this feature appear on Windows?
    Because I actually don't have any Apple devices.

• I don't have any sort of an ETA to share but we definitely hope to bring it to Windows as well. :)

Ben

• deviant
    deviant
    Community Member

That is my one complaint about the extensions as well (moved to the beta path hoping for this feature but not yet in Win/Chrome). @Ben any chance for a ping when it comes to Windows Beta?

The normal extension doesn't have the on-page auto fill and the X extension is a redundant sign in (onerous when your passphrase is >75char). This feature would fix my #1 gripe (aside from not being able to attach files to items directly)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@deviant – I'm truly not sure when we'll be releasing Desktop App Integration to Windows since we're still working out the kinks on macOS currently. We'll likely announce it in the 1Password X beta forum just like we did for Mac.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. :)

This discussion has been closed.