logging out of 1password app

Options
kunzt_nana
kunzt_nana
Community Member

I want to log out from 1password app and log in with another account.
How i do that?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:changing account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kunzt_nana! Welcome to the forum!

With 1Password you can also use multiple accounts at the same time if you wish, which is probably going to be easier so you don't have to log out and back in all the time.

In any case, you can manage (add or remove) accounts if you open 1Password Preferences and choose the Accounts tab. In there, you can select the account you want to log out of, and click on the "-" button in the left menu.

I hope this helps!

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, @ag_ana I have a similar question. I have created a new 1Password.ca account and have added it to my iOS 1Password app, but now I cannot log out of the old 1Password.com account (even after moving all of the items over to the new account). The sign out option is grayed out on the old account. I can, however, sign out of the new account if I want to...the option is available for that. Strange...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KayJay!

What version of the 1Password app are you running on this iOS device?

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana! I'm running version 7.3.4

• Ben
    Options

@KayJay

The easiest solution may be to uninstall the iOS app, which will erase all 1Password data from the device, then reinstall it. When you do so sign into the account you want to be signed into, and not the other.

Ben

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben and @ag_ana,

I found another way...I went into settings, then advanced, and chose the option to Erase All 1Password Data which basically reset the app. Then I just logged into the new account. All good. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @KayJay. Yes, that essentially accomplishes the same thing. :) Glad to hear it worked out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.