how do i convert a basic login category type to an email category type?

Options
dealtek
dealtek
Community Member

Hi all,

I have some items I set up as basic logins that are actually email logins and I would like to switch them over to the email type category.

How can I convert a basic login to an email type category?

Thanks in advance – Dave

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dealtek

It isn't possible to change the category of an item. There are some significant challenges that come with changing the category of an item, because the category also defines the template for the item. For example, all items in the Logins category will have username, password, and website fields on them. Items in the Driver Licenses category do not. So the question becomes how should we handle the transition if someone moves an item with those fields on it from the Logins category to the Driver Licenses category? That is a bit of a rhetorical question, but it illustrates some of why we haven't made this possible yet. I suspect as we move in the direction of custom categories, that have a more flexible template, (something I wrote about here) this may be more feasible.

Please note that only Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities can be filled in web browsers, so if you'd like to be able to fill the items in question they'd need to remain as Logins.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben thanks for the info. I guess for now I can just add an EMAIL TAG to these items so I can find them easily.

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. Personally I add them as favorites, but tags are a great resource as well. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.