Using corporate proxy, no "use system default"?

Hi there.
I'm using a stand alone version right now and thought about switching to your abo, but how can I sync my corporate laptop? The laptop uses a proxy.pac, so I don't know about my proxy settings. In stand alone version I can only enter a specific proxy adress which I don' have. Isn't there a way to implement "Use system default" as other tools do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Thundersnake,

Please try to leave proxy settings empty, 1Password should find your default pac settings automatically. Let us know if it doesn't work. Thanks! :+1: :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member

Hi @Greg ,
    ok, so I need a full blown test environment to check if it works ... this will take a little while ...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Thundersnake: When you sign up for 1Password account, you get a 30 days trial to test things properly. If something is not correct during this period, please let us know and we will be happy to help. :)

Let me know if you have other questions. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member

@Greg: I have installed 1P 7.3.684 on my corporate. It cannot update itself, because no connection through company proxy can be established, it asks for user/password that I don't have. Is that the same mechanism you use to connect to your cloud and does it mean from the start that syncronization will not work?

• Proxy connections aren't configured per URL, @Thundersnake, so this likely does mean sync wouldn't work. With a PAC file, 1Password can pick these credentials up from Windows if it's saved in the system's IE settings and Windows is willing to share them. If you're being asked for the credentials then either 1Password can't parse them or Windows isn't sharing. Either way, you'd need to enter details you don't have into the proxy settings for things to work properly.

Have you given 1Password X a try? One of my favorite things about 1Password X is that because it runs in your browser, it tends to be somewhat insulated from the typical restricted network struggles that often plague desktop apps. It will often work without any fuss in an environment that gives the desktop app fits and might be worth a try to get this PC on board. :+1:

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate, I'll try X, thnx...

• No trouble at all, @Thundersnake! Sorry for the trouble – networking is annoyingly complicated and even moreso when you're trying to work in more restricted environments. We know we've got some work to do yet to improve things for y'all and will definitely be keeping these proxy troubles in mind as we release new updates. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.