Search for an item via a direct link

Hi folks,

I'm trying to link my inventory tool to 1password, to quickly search for a password for a server. I want to create a direct link that opens the search function of 1password, and searches for the provided parameter. I understood that this was possible with onepassword://search/, like this:

onepassword://search/SERVERNAME

How do I get this to work (on Windows)?

However, this is not opening 1password for windows. I also looked at the web version, but it seems that the URL is obfuscated: https://tenant.1password.com/vaults/all/allitems/ediylbr3hfjp3thn5fsadsfsds

Is there an url scheme available?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• This URL scheme is not available in 1Password 7 for Windows, @mitch2k. Do you specifically need search, or would having direct links to specific items on 1password.com accomplish the same goal? I'm going off a vague memory here so I don't want to make any promises that I'm right, but I think you can get direct links to individual items that will send you directly to those items in the webapp when opened. I've already asked some colleagues if I'm totally off-base here, but while I'm waiting on their feedback, I figured it's worth also checking if this would even help in your case. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.