1Password X dropdown blank in Firefox

As you can see in this screenshot:

Yes, I have 1Password extension (desktop app required) also installed. It was a hangover from the days when I used just the standalone 1Password 7, but now I have an account with you. I keep it there as it unlocks with Touch ID, which 1Password X does not. Both have worked fine until now. I noticed the blue ring in the 1Password X icon had turned grey, so I clicked and cannot get anything other than the blank dropdown in the screenshot. Logging into my account at https://my.1password.com/ doesn't change anything. As per the pinned announcement above, I do not have it set to work in private browsing windows, and Firefox is set to save my history. I have deleted the extension and reinstalled it with no change. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000) 1Passw
Extension Version: 1.15.7
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1PW account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chrism229: Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the trouble. There are some Firefox settings which can cause that. Do you have any of these enabled?

• Never remember history
    • Always use private browsing mode

If not, can I ask for some console logs?

https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/#firefox

There may be some errors there that point to what's causing this in your browser.

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member

As I said in the original post, I have history enabled and am not using private browsing. However, I have solved it in the meantime by performing a Refresh on Firefox. So no problem now!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@chrism229 – I'm glad to hear it was resolved in the meantime! If it creeps up again, definitely let us know. We'll be here for you. :)

• javierlmendez
    javierlmendez
    Community Member

Is there a way this could ever work with "Never remember history" and "Always use private browsing mode"? I'm having the same problem, except that mine doesn't even let me log in after I install.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Not currently, no. Firefox does things differently than Chrome in this area. It's possible they could allow for more granularity in the future, but that's just me speculating.

This discussion has been closed.