App crashed immediately upon opening on iPhone 8 w/ IOS 12.4. New family organizer member.

mashcro
mashcro
Community Member

I added my wife as a family organizer. She has never been able to get the app to work successfully. So today I recovered her account and reinstalled the app on her phone. The app downloads from our shared iCloud account. I got her successfully setup. However after setup, when she attempts to log in from her phone the app opens and then immediately crashes and closes. I have tried unsuccessfully to delete and reinstall the app. This is very frustrating and she is obviously convinced that this app is worthless and now refusing to be bothered with it for the future.

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mashcro: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble. To clarify, you mentioned that "she attempts to log in from her phone". Can you tell me the specific steps she's taking? That sounds like she's trying to use a 1Password membership account...but then you mentioned iCloud as well, so I'm not clear on what's going on in the first place. As far as any crashing, there should be logs for that. I'd love to get those.

On a Mac, just follow these steps:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support@1password.com with this as the subject: [#MCN-48748-457]

Alternatively, if you do not have a Mac with iTunes available:

1. Open the iOS Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data
    3. Locate any logs for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: "1Password_[DateTime]_[Your Device Name]"
    4. Select a log and tap the Share [ ↑ ] icon in the upper right
    5. Mail the logs to support@1password.com with this as the subject: [#MCN-48748-457]

Thanks in advance!

• mashcro
    mashcro
    Community Member

I will try to get the logs sent off soon. She is attempting to log into the application on her iPhone. She is a "Family Organizer" that I added as a member of my account. She has a unique user id, secret key, and master password. We share an iCloud account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mashcro: Gotcha. Then iCloud would not be involved at all, if you're using a 1Password (Families) membership. Once we see the logs that may give us an idea of the cause. But it would be good to know the specific steps and the exact point where it's happening.

• mashcro
    mashcro
    Community Member

One log has been sent as requested. Many more failure logs available upon request as the problem is persistent and consistent.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

@mashcro: thank you for the update. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: MCN-48748-457

• mashcro
    mashcro
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

It has been two weeks, and I find no record of any correspondence after the promise above. What is the status and ETA on a solution?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

@mashcro:

I am sorry for the trouble. I see that Brenty replied to you two weeks ago, can you please check your spam folder, just in case his reply ended up there?

This discussion has been closed.