Unable to add Safari Extension

glooft
glooft
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Mac

I just updated macOS latest update. Upon restart the Safari extension was gone. Going to the Safari>Safari Extensions takes you to the Mac App Store where the 1Password extension is unable to download. It just spins and spins...does not download. This has been going on for about 24 hours. Is there any other place to download this extension?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.4.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref:

Comments

• glooft
    glooft
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Also, the 1Password browser extension page states the extension is "Included with 1Password 7". I have 1Password 7 but I don't have the Safari extension.

• Hi @glooft

I'm sorry for the trouble with the Safari extension. I see you've also been speaking with @1Password on Twitter about this. To avoid duplicating efforts, for now, let's continue the conversation on Twitter. If that becomes cumbersome or we're not able to get the problem resolved there we can help here or by email. Thanks!

Ben

• coronazona
    coronazona
    Community Member

What is the answer. I do not twit.

• @coronazona

With 1Password 7 the Safari extension is not a separate download / installation (and attempting to do so may only worsen the situation). The extension is included with the 1Password 7 app. If you don't see it listed in Safari under Preferences > Extensions then please try the following:

1. Make sure Safari and macOS are up to date
    2. Restart your Mac
    3. Reinstall 1Password 7 for Mac from our website (instructions below)

If you need to reinstall...

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    6. Open 1Password
    7. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    8. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Ben

• JimmyTheSaint
    JimmyTheSaint
    Community Member

I had the same problem, and Ben's solution just worked for me.

• Glad to hear it @JimmyTheSaint. Thanks for the update.

Ben

• coronazona
    coronazona
    Community Member

Thanks for your continued support!
    I followed your directions and resolved the issue. :)

• I'm glad that helped, @coronazona. :)

Ben

• bigblackbear
    bigblackbear
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, worked for me!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @bigblackbear :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

And Welcome to the forum!

• GreenLantern
    GreenLantern
    Community Member

What if you have 1Password 6?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GreenLantern - if you're still rocking 1Password 6 for Mac, things kind of depend on what version of macOS you have. If you've decided to stick with an older version of macOS that won't be automatically upgraded to Safari 13, then your options are what they've always been: download and install the Safari extension from our version history server and install it as usual.

However, if you're on either macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”), macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) or plan to be on the upcoming macOS 10.15 ("Catalina"), Safari 13 will be rolled out to you. On High Sierra and Mojave it will be an optional upgrade, but once Safari 13 is installed, you won't be able to use 1Password 6 for Mac because Safari 13 requires Apple's new Safari App Extension format, and will not allow you to install the older .safariextz format that were what 1Password 6 for Mac and all apps of that era used.

• GreenLantern
    GreenLantern
    Community Member

Nice to know. Thank you. GL

• GreenLantern
    GreenLantern
    Community Member

Lars, Does the update to 1Password 7 include iOS?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GreenLantern - not in the way I think you're imagining it, but if you have a licensed 1Password standalone setup or a 1Password account/membership, the 1Password for iOS app is a free download for you and will function as a "companion/satellite" app. Meaning: you don't need to pay anything more for it.

• GreenLantern
    GreenLantern
    Community Member

Thank you. I have upgraded to 7 and have it up and running on my iMac, iPhone and Macbook Pro.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. We're here if you need us. :)

• wills11
    wills11
    Community Member

Same problem—and this worked for me! Thanks!

• Glad to hear that worked out @wills11. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.