Two-step log-in: Save new Login popup not launching

Hi there - am trying to create a new 2-page login for First Direct UK, following the guide at https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/
however I am falling at the first hurdle, as settings > save new login does not launch a popup, whether in Chrome or in Edge.

Please can you help me troubleshoot?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two step

Comments

• Hello, @miles_mendoza! I'm not having any trouble getting a pop-up when choosing to save a new Login on https://www1.firstdirect.com/online/ in Microsoft Edge, but I am only able to test the first page without an actual account. Am I in the wrong place? Are you having trouble on the second page? Are you able to see that pop-up when saving a new Login manually on a different page (whether it's two pages or not)? Any details! :chuffed:

• miles_mendoza
    miles_mendoza
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Hi @bundtkate

Sorry for leaving out those important details! I am using https://www2.firstdirect.com/online/#/authentication/username

However I now realise that I am having the same trouble with the pop up on all login pages, not just on First Direct.

I have tried the same process on Amazon, Outlook and Santander

For all of these login pages, I manage the following with no problem:

• Enter your username, but do not sign in to the site or advance to the next page.
    • Click the 1Password button in your browser’s toolbar. If 1Password is locked, enter your Master Password.
    • Click (Settings) > “Save new Login”,

However as soon as I click "Save new Login" the pop-up vanishes so I am unable to click the 'Create New' tab,

Do you have any suggestions for how I can workaround this please?

Thanks
    Miles

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @miles_mendoza,

I don't have a suggestion just yet but I'd like to make sure we're fully understanding what is happening as sometimes the details are crucial in understanding the failure.

If I've understood correctly you can see the following 1Password menu, is this exactly what you're seeing?

Now when you click the Save new Login menu option do you see the following dialog at all, even if just very briefly?

Something about the words you chose made me wonder if it was briefly flashing up or if I'm just reading too much into the description.

• miles_mendoza
    miles_mendoza
    Community Member

Thanks for checking this @littlebobbytables

No - I do not see the second dialog at all - the initial popup vanishes and the 'Create New' dialog does not flash up at all (even briefly) on a login page.

Strangely, however, that dialog does appear when I click on 'Save New Login' on a page which does not display a login field - such as the page I am on right now - ie https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/519201#Comment_519201

I hope that information may be helpful in troubleshooting
    Miles

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @miles_mendoza,

That is very puzzling and I can't think of another case like this, at least not one I have experience with. The fact that the first menu appears means the extension has a connection to 1Password. The fact that you can get the save dialog to appear in certain situations would strongly suggest that everything is working but I can't think of a rational explanation as to why the prompt isn't appearing all the time.

The only way I can get 1Password to ignore my request to display the save dialog is if I try to save on a freshly loaded page where I haven't interacted with any of the fields, if I simply type a single character into a username field, literally just a for example then when I ask to save the dialog appears. As you've supplied a couple of URLs I tested those and the above statement applies to both Amazon's sign-in page and first direct - I have no reason to believe the same won't apply to the others.

Can you manually create an item, any category, within the main 1Password window?

This discussion has been closed.