To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

new installed 1Password on new MacBook always uses frozen and old account

pelala
pelala
Community Member

I had a team account, which meanwhile is frozen and no longer in my reach. I have installed 1Password7 new on my MacBook, but unfortunately it always referred to the frozen account and not to my personal one. I don't find the menu, where to change accounts.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10-14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @pelala

I'd be happy to help you get that sorted out. When you say your "personal one," do you mean you have either an individual 1Password membership, or an account within a 1Password Families membership? Or do you have a standalone license for 1Password 7 with data synced to Dropbox?

Please let me know.

Ben

• pelala
    pelala
    Community Member

Hi Ben, I have an individual 1Password membership, which works on several devices (iMac, iPhone, iPad) - just not on the iMac, since there it always refers to an email address (user) which does not exist anymore- I neither can delete the account nor can I add another one. Both (+-) are not selectable in the properties

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pelala,

If the only vaults connected to the 1Password on the iMac are from the frozen team account then the best option is probably to use the steps on our support page How to reset your 1Password data and start over. That should allow you to reach the first run welcome screen and from there you can tell 1Password about the newer 1Password account you want it to use. Does that help at all?

The iMac will continue to remember that in the past you did connect to the frozen 1Password account but only in that it will offer them as options. If you use the Sign In with a Different Account button in the setup screen you can tell 1Password about the 1Password Individuals account and it will only use that. If having the frozen account listed as an option really irks you we can help with how to remove it but it's a manual process involving the macOS keychain so really only for those that are bothered by it.

• pelala
    pelala
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! it works, and I can access my primary account!!! I actually do not bother, if there is a frozen one

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm happy I could help :smile:

Hopefully everything is running perfectly now, if you're having any trouble though please say and we'll do our best to remedy the trouble.

This discussion has been closed.