Duplicates as a result of the password generator

This discussion was created from comments split from: incorrectly showing duplicate password warning.

Comments

• shane_wyatt
    shane_wyatt
    Community Member

Why does every password that I generate using 1Password (which is most of them) show as a duplicate (1 for the password, and one for the login)? Shouldn't it ignore the entries in "Passwords" that are generated by 1Password? Isn't it obvious that I will be using those in a login? The "Reused Passwords" features is useless for me (and the huge red errors on every single login are annoying), since none of these are duplicates, but I have hundreds that are showing as duplicates.

• Hi @shane_wyatt

Once you've saved the password to a login item 1Password should be cleaning up the entry in the passwords category. Are you seeing this behavior with newly generated passwords in 1Password v7.3.2?

Ben

• shane_wyatt
    shane_wyatt
    Community Member

@Ben ,

I am using 1Password for Windows 7.3.684. I create passwords (and logins) via the Chrome extension. I have 426 entries in "Reused Passwords", but they are (virtually) all just these password/login pairs. I am still seeing this behavior for password/logins I created today (8/8/19).

• Shane
  • Gotcha. The thread you were posting in is about 1Password for Mac. It is possible that our Windows app behaves differently. Sorry for any confusion on that. I've split your comments into a new thread in our Windows category.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2019

@shane_wyatt

In speaking with one of my colleagues who works on our Windows offering it seems this is currently the expected behavior. There is another thread with more details available here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92403/reused-password-includes-password-items-created-by-1password-password-generator-intentional-atm#latest

Ben

This discussion has been closed.