Does a Families manager have access to all (such as kid's) vaults?

landerfamof5
landerfamof5
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Families

I'm interested in a Families account. I'm wondering if, as a Families manager, I would have access to the vaults of other family members. What I'm wondering is if I'd be able to easily monitor the content of my younger kid's vaults.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:families manager

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@landerfamof5: The Personal/Private vault of a user is never accessible to anyone else. You may want to consider inviting family members who aren't going to be able to manage their data themselves as guests:

https://support.1password.com/guests/

Guests have access to only a single vault you share with them. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

Hello Brenty,
    Can a guest add a password to the vault that is being shared with then? Such as creating a Vault for my daughter and inviting her, as a guest, to use it. can she add credentials for a webpage she likes to that shared vault?

Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zensummer: Unless you set their permissions to read-only, yes, they've be able to create and edit items in that vault. :)

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I did not expect a reply until Monday! That’s great, I will use that for my daughter. Enjoy what’s left of this great weekend!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Don't worry: I'm gonna enjoy some not-too-hot weather while I can. :lol: Anyway, if you think of anything else, we're here for you. :)

• landerfamof5
    landerfamof5
    Community Member

Thanks, Brent. So from what I understand, I could create multiple vaults (i.e. one for each kid) and invite them as guests to their respective vaults. They will be able to add logins/credentials to the vault as they need to, and I'll have access to their information if needed. Is this correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's correct @landerfamof5. And welcome to the forum! :)

This discussion has been closed.