IO error in Windows 10

I have Windows 10 and 1Password 7, which has worked for some time. I think it may recently have been automatically updated to version 7.3.657 (that's what it says when I right click the desktop icon). However, when I try to open the app, I get an error message "Error: IO error Access denied. (os error 5).
The browser add on (Chrome) still works, and the app still works on my android devices.
Advice please

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Petermills,

Thank you for getting in touch! It seems that for some reason 1Password can't install 7.3.684 on your PC. Please try to do the following:

1) Close all browsers.

2) Uninstall 1Password 7 from your PC, if you see it in installed apps.

3) Open Start menu, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\ there and press Enter.

4) Find 1Password folder there and move it (cut and paste) to your desktop.

5) Reboot your PC.

6) Run this 1Password 7 installer and check if 1Password updates to the latest version after installation.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Petermills
    Petermills
    Community Member

Hi Greg
    It worked. The programme now behaves somewhat differently from before - if I close it, I can reopen it without having to sign in a second time. Also the browser add on opens without a sign in when the app is open, which is fine, but it still does it, even when the app is closed. Is this time limited? If so, how can I control it.

What should I do with the 1Password folder on my desktop?

Do I need to do anything with my android devices?

Thanks
    Peter.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Petermills,

If 1Password works correctly on your Android devices, you do not have to take any steps there.

As for 1Password 7 for Windows: "Lock when main window is closed" lock option is not implemented in 1Password 7 for Windows at the moment. We have plans to bring it back, but right now you can change auto-lock timer in Settings > Security. Moreover, you can lock 1Password 7 manually by clicking Lock icon in the upper right corner of the app or pressing Windows logo key + Shift + L on your keyboard. Let me know how it works for you.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.