My iPhone was stolen. How can I protect my 1Password account?

noodlesandnotes
noodlesandnotes
Community Member

My iPhone, loaded with 1Password, was stolen. My apple ID and password were also compromised. How can I best protect my 1password account and all the info within? Do I need to delete it all? I've already changed my master password. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:stolen iphone

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@noodlesandnotes: First and foremost, I'd encourage you to not panic, and reach out to Apple:

https://support.apple.com/

They'll be in a position to hear more about your specific situation (which, frankly, is your personal business) and advise you on next steps.

What I can tell you though is that your iPhone itself is encrypted using your passcode, so unless you have something easy to guess you may be in good shape there anyway. But more importantly, at least with regard to 1Password, your 1Password data is encrypted separately (from your device, and from iCloud) using a Master Password which only you know. It will not be possible for you to delete 1Password from the device since it is not in your possession, but the data in it will not be accessible without 1) knowing the passcode to unlock the device and 2) knowing the Master Password to decrypt your 1Password data.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.