1Password X Chrome Plugin locks account every time

Options
donovanroubos
donovanroubos
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I use the 1Password X Chrome plugin for two separate accounts; personal and business. Every time I lock my computer the business account will be locked. I searched for a setting but I couldn't find it. Eventually, the account will still be accessible in the normal 1Password app. Why will the account lock every time in 1Password X?

I don't know the password for the business account, so I'll have to request the password over and over again.

The locked account

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 1.15.6
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome plugin vault

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @donovanroubos! 1Password for Mac and 1Password X will act a bit differently in regards to unlocking. With 1Password for Mac, you'll have to enter in your Master Password for the first account you added and that'll unlock all of your accounts. 1Password X, on the other hand, requires each account to be unlocked separately (if they have different Master Passwords). That means if you don't know the Master Password for your business account, you won't be able to use it in 1Password X.

As far as changing your lock settings goes, the following is the option to adjust if you don't want 1Password X to lock when your device goes to sleep.

That being said, since 1Password X operates solely in the browser, it'll still lock when you fully quit the browser (and therefore quit 1Password X) regardless of your settings.

• donovanroubos
    donovanroubos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kaitlyn.

I'll hope 1Password X will be behave the same as 1Password itself in the future. That's why it's so powerful, just 1 master password could unlock the vaults you've added.

Thanks for your help!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback!
    I suggest you save the Master Password for your work account in your personal account, that might help your workflow.

If you can get to a point where both accounts have the same Master Password, that will also benefit you as 1Password X will unlock all accounts that have the same Master Password.

Hope you will find this info useful :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.