Can't download 1P to iPad

rosswell
rosswell
Community Member

Longtime user here. Several iPads, Mac and iPhone.
Latest versions, paid subscriber.
One older iPad mini had an old Primary vault which just cluttered things up (duplicate search results).

I realize I can control which vault is searched. And too bad I didn't just do that as now I'm in trouble.

Anyway it would not let me delete the Primary vault, claiming my password was incorrect, but I verified the Master password works on all other devices fine, plus at 1password.com website, and I have checked the emergency document printed out for safekeeping.

Anyway I finally got disgusted and just deleted the 1P app from that iPad, assuming I could redownload it and set it up afresh, without a Primary vault, just the Agilebits-hosted one.

But at the App store the "download" button is greyed out for the 1P app. I can neither "GET" it nor download it. Period.

I have been an early user of it since before subscription days, that might be a clue.
I want to reinstall it but cannot get it.

I noticed just now it requires iOS 12.2 but it was running fine on my 12.0, no issues, it even performed a software update today (after my problems, as a failed attempt to fix them) -- to again, all I did was try to delete a vault and that began my problem. Should have left well enough alone.

I am updating to 12.2, and it might help, but any comment you have is valued. I know for a fact the Master password I was using to delete the vault was correct, as I've explained, I can use it on multiple other devices and your .com web page....

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rosswell
    rosswell
    Community Member

Oops, when I said latest versions I meant of the 1P app, but clearly I goofed, the problem iPad was running 12.0.
    All my other devices truly are running the latest iOS / Mojave / watchOS etc.

• rosswell
    rosswell
    Community Member

Also to clarify, "software update" above means the 1P app offered an Update, on the App Store, and it performed it fine.
    I'm right now updating iOS to 12.4, to see if that fixes stuff...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rosswell!

Were you able to download the 1Password app again after installing all updates?

• rosswell
    rosswell
    Community Member

Thanks, yes, after updating to iOS 12.2 I could download it and all is good. I appreciate your support. I didn't realize that iPad had got behind. I usually update about 1 month after a given version comes out. Cheers!

• Thanks for the update @rosswell. Glad to hear everything worked out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.