Questions regarding Vault location

mdomke63
mdomke63
Community Member

Hello!

I’m moving from the standalone app that I purchased years ago to a 1PASSWORD families account and need some help. I have kept my vault located in my Dropbox folder to sync for years and never had a problem. Therefore when I migrated yesterday I assumed that is what I needed to do, just continue using Dropbox. I basically only ever used 1Password on my main computer, an iMac. As I started to install 1Password on my other personal devices I quickly discovered that I only have the ability to use Dropbox on 3 devices and I don’t want to pay for an upgrade to my Dropbox account.

My goal/plan is to install 1Password on all my devices and then set up my family of 5 (wife and 3 children). I am in the free trial period of 1Password. Now I realize that I must choose/find a location for my Vault so that everyone can access/use 1Password. Everyone will need access to this location correct? It appears that I can, and I think should use my 1Password account for the location. I’m at a loss as to what to do and how to move my vault from Dropbox to the new location and set up everything.

What and how should I do this? Should my Vault be located on my 1Password account?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Legacy & 7.3.2
OS Version: OS and 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

This discussion has been closed.