Lost changes after syncing

Options
davidbkemp
davidbkemp
Community Member

I thought I had set up my iPhone 1Password to save changes to Dropbox. For some reason changes stopped syncing. So I manually initiated a sync and seem to have lost all recent password changes. 😱

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidbkemp! Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about this. Can you please give us some more details, such as operating system version, 1Password app version, and whether you are using 1Password on other devices too?

• davidbkemp
    davidbkemp
    Community Member
    Options

I have recovered it now I think. I had forgotten that some time ago I had started saving passwords via my 1Password account instead of Dropbox, but somehow had left the Dropbox vault configured.
    Syncing did weird things. I have now deleted my Dropbox vault and set my Personal vault for everything and it seems OK now.

The naming of vaults is confusing. Primary vs Personal is not obvious. Exacerbated by my Dropbox vault being named 1Password. I also share a vault with my wife via another vault in Dropbox. This was set up ages ago before you could save passwords in a 1Password account. It has been hard enough to convince my wife to use a password manager. I don't think I will be able to convince her to change to using a 1Password account or a family account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davidbkemp:

Syncing did weird things. I have now deleted my Dropbox vault and set my Personal vault for everything and it seems OK now.

That's great! And that's exactly the setup that we recommend if you have a 1Password Membership: let you 1Password account handle sync so you don't have to use external sync methods ;)

The naming of vaults is confusing. Primary vs Personal is not obvious.
    I don't think I will be able to convince her to change to using a 1Password account or a family account.

Part of the confusion comes from using both sync methods I think. If you use 1Password.com alone, and invite your wife to the account, there will be no more naming confusion or item duplicates, so perhaps it would be a good idea to consolidate everything. I think it would help streamline the way you and your wife use 1Password, especially if you still use separate vaults just for sharing.

This discussion has been closed.