Help with Family plan

hollyhocks
hollyhocks
Community Member

I have upgraded to 1 Passsword V 7 and signed up for a Family Plan. When I sign into my 1Password account on my laptop, everything looks good. I have 3 vaults (1 shared, 1 Family member- read only and the main private vault) all my passwords are in the vaults. I have two questions, I still have the agile keychain in my Dropbox, can I just delete it and set up the dropbox app on my devices? Do I need the shared vault if my husband is using the app. on his devices or does he just use the private vault as I do?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Family Plan
Referrer: forum-search:remove agile keychain from dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hollyhocks!

I still have the agile keychain in my Dropbox, can I just delete it and set up the dropbox app on my devices?

If you are now using a 1Password Families account and you have already moved your data to your account, you do not need your .agilekeychain anymore, and neither the Dropbox app ;) Sync will be automatic through 1Password.com now, so you can avoid using additional sync methods.

Do I need the shared vault if my husband is using the app. on his devices or does he just use the private vault as I do?

The Shared vault is used for those items that both you and your husband might need to access (think about a Netflix account, for example, or an alarm code). If you do not want to share anything with each other, you can definitely just use your respective Private vaults though.

This discussion has been closed.