How about a global keyboard shortcut to show 1Password Mini at Windows Security pin dialogue

CTL-L brings up 1Password Mini, but now I have to click on the "unlock with Windows Hello" and then enter the pin. Is there anyway to bring up mini at the pin dialogue screen?

1Password Version: 7.3.705
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard shortcut

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Hi @stevewoo,

Please try to press Ctrl + Alt + backslash ( \ ) to open 1Password mini. Other keyboard shortcuts can be found here.

Let me know if this is what you need. Thanks! :+1: :)

++
    Greg

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

Greg - What I'd like is the option to open 1Password mini at the screen where I could type in my "pin" rather than clicking on the "Open with Windows Hello" button and then typing in my pin. The shortcuts are certainly useful though. Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevewoo,

I do not think that it will be possible to add the shortcut to Windows Hello dialog within 1Password. This is a system dialog window that we call when you press "Windows Hello" button on the lock screen and we are not able to customise it or call it without opening 1Password first.

If you have other specific questions, we are always here for you. Thanks! :) :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

Sadly, I understand that. Many APIs fall short in that one (or more) regard. Thanks anyway!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@stevewoo: Thank you for understanding!

We are always looking at ways to improve 1Password, so please stay tuned for other updates. Do not hesitate to reach out to us, we are always happy to help. :)

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
    Greg

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

That would be sweet.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@stevewoo: :+1: :)

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

It's been a busy several weeks, but before I forget again - THANK YOU! for having the pin dialogue pop up automagically. Brilliant.

• I'm so glad you're enjoying it, @stevewoo! Also, just in case you need it, you can press Esc to dismiss the Hello prompt if ever you decide you don't want to use it. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.