To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Family & Individual membership

Options
KevinT
KevinT
Community Member

Hello,

I just saw a promotional offer giving away 1 year of the family plan, so I subscribed using the same email as my individual account.
I expected it to automatically upgrade me to the newly created family account but it does not seem to be working that way.

What are my options?

• I have a paid individual account
  • I subscribed to a 1y trial of the family plan (willing to keep it as my family is slowly following me)
  • Can you merge the two accounts?
  • Maybe use the credit I have/paid to extend the family plan?

My email address is the same as this forum account :) and is the same one used for both the individual & the family account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KevinT,

We can't merge accounts I'm afraid, all the maths and security mean we don't have the access needed which is really a good thing. If you connect both accounts to a copy of 1Password for Mac though you can move all of your items from the Individuals account to your vaults in the Families one. If you've created secondary vaults in the 1Password Individuals account though you will manually need to create them in the Families account before you can copy the items over. The 1Password application can do this because by connecting both accounts to it all the needed encryption keys needed are available.

If you decide you want to stick with the 1Password Families account and you move everything over please send in an email to support +billing@1password.com and I'm sure we can help out. Billing queries though aren't something we feel comfortable discussing in these public forums, I'm sure you can understand why but once we move that part of the conversation to email we can certainly discuss the details :smile:

This discussion has been closed.