Can't install IPW7 with DB Sync

powerseed
powerseed
Community Member

I was running 1PW6 under a single user license, syncing via DropBox. Switching to the Brave browser requires 1PW7 so I D/L'd and installed 1PW7. It asked for the link to my DB ".opvault" file and I don't have one--my sync file is titled 1Password.agilekeychain.

I am currently in between installs and don't have access to my 1PW6 passwords so I can't access the PW to purchase the 1PW7 license!

Where do I go from here?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @powerseed!

You will need to convert your .agilekeychain vault to the new .opvault format, as 1Password does not support .agilekeychain files anymore. Inside 1Password 7, please select File from the menu bar > Import... and select 1Password Keychain in the window that appears.

This will both import your existing data and convert it to the new file format for you ;)

• powerseed
    powerseed
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back!

When I open 1PW7 for the first time it restricts me to the Welcome to 1Password popup. Import function is grayed out and inaccessible.

• @powerseed

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

You'd need to upgrade to a 1Password 7 license or a membership before you'd be able to import your data into it. If you'd like to revert to v6 temporary to gather any information you need instructions can be found here.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.