Before I installed 1Password X extension when I signed into the 1Password app on my computer it would also log me into the Firefox password browser extension at the same time. Now with Password X I have to log in to the app and extension separately.... what gives ?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1PasswordX
OS Version: Windows 10 V. 1803
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Unlike the 1Password extension, @1200gs, 1Password X is not a companion to 1Password for Windows – at least not yet. It runs entirely on its own in your browser and is designed to work without the desktop app at all, if you want. Personally, I use 1Password X alongside my desktop app and have a fairly long autolock timer to avoid needing to unlock too often since I'll usually close my browser when I leave my PC which will always lock 1Password X. If you frequently open and close your browser while using 1Password and don't want to unlock each time, though, you'd likely be better served by sticking with the standard extension. :+1:

• 1200gs
    1200gs
    Community Member

OK, that makes sense. Thanks very much for your concise and accurate description of the problem and solution…

• It's no trouble at all, @1200gs! Although not available on Windows at all as yet, we do have desktop app integration with 1Password X in beta on Mac so I sincerely hope we'll see it on Windows soon too and the both of us can enjoy the benefits of things like share lock states and the like. Fingers crossed! 🤞

This discussion has been closed.