To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password different, app and site

peawee
peawee
Community Member

Hi new to 1password , so i started a account , after reading that my M password is the same as the site But for me it is not ? Different passwords for site and app , what is wrong ?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @peawee! Welcome to the forum!

Your Master Password is the same if you choose to use the same one. When you created your account, did you choose a different Master Password?

• peawee
    peawee
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

I must have done , :/ but then how do i change it , i also save 1 password emergency kit on the site , but have my app password in my head , and save the site password in 1password app and have all data for everything . I also have 2Fa enabled . But how do i change the app master password ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@peawee:

Do you by chance have the old vault called Primary inside your 1Password app?

• peawee
    peawee
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Yes i do @ag_ana could this be a problem ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@peawee,

Yes, that's where the old password is coming from :)

If all your data is already inside your 1Password.com account, you can remove this old Primary vault from the app: switch to it with the vault menu, and then click on Vault in the menu bar > Delete Vault...

• peawee
    peawee
    Community Member

Thanks i did what you said deleted old vault etc , now ive got one password for all passwords , and the site which i will only sign in from the app lol now i got to get my head around Mitm attacks 😤😜thank you very much .

• You're very welcome @peawee. I'm glad Ana was able to help. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.