Apple watch item display does not scroll

macstoll
macstoll
Community Member

Hi
I noticed that the information displayed for an item (normal login with user name and password) does not scroll, and since I have long usernames and passwords, I cannot see the complete info, because I can't scroll down. Can you please make this scrollable that I can see the whole password?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12 / Watch OS 5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Apple watch scroll info

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@macstoll: Obviously do not share an actual password you use, but can you give me a concrete example? Here long usernames and passwords are wrapping to additional lines, so I'm not seeing a need to scroll. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of a test item. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Again, just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• tonytien
    tonytien
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Hi there,

I hope it's okay that I'm bumping this thread. I just realized I was having this issue since a few weeks ago, and after stumbling upon this thread, I got some screenshots that could be useful. As requested, the login info shown was created specifically for these test purposes. I've included a screenshot of the iPhone app (full password shown) and what is shown by the Watch app, and found that the password information shown by the Watch app is very inconsistent. Between the two test scenarios, it seems that some issue with the text wrapping caused one line of the password to become completely eliminated/unreadable. As mentioned before, since this view on the Watch app is not scrollable, it is impossible to see the full password without using the iPhone app instead. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you guys need any additional info to troubleshoot.

Test devices shown with 1Password 7.3.1 for iOS:

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.3.1
    Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS), watchOS 5.2.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tonytien: Dang. God help us if we ever have to type a password that long while reading it off of a watch...but you're totally right. I am not sure why the cutoff varies, but I was able to reproduce this by maxing out the password length in a Login. It looks like Login items may be the only type that is not scrollable, and some layout tweaks may help too. Thanks for the example! We'll look into it. :)

ref: apple-3778

• maerk
    maerk
    Community Member

I came here to report the same issue :) I have a couple of passwords made up of 6 or 7 words connected with hyphens which makes it easier to read off the watch. These also get cut off towards the end.

• Thanks @maerk. I've added your report to the issue brenty filed with our development team for this.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.