1Password 7: Scroll wheel doesn't work when a field is editable

bwyan
bwyan
Community Member

While Item > Edit is enabled in 1Password 7, I can't scroll in the 1Password window or any other windows on my Mac. As soon as I click "Save" or "Cancel" to turn off editing, scrolling works again.

I'm using a Logitech MX Master mouse connected via Bluetooth.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @bwyan! Scroll continues to work fine in Edit mode here with Apple accessories and a couple other input devices I quickly tested; sounds as if you might have a scroll configuration issue with your Logitech mouse.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bwyan: If it helps, I tend to not use the Logitech software, as it causes issues with other apps (and games) for me. macOS seems to detect my keyboard and mouse just fine and they work without it though. Cheers! :)

• mrl
    mrl
    Community Member

I have been having this issue as well with my Master MX. Not only does the scroll not work in the edit window, but while the edit window remains open the scroll won't work anywhere on the computer. I haven't experienced an issue with any other apps with Logitech (even gaming). I've been using Logitech and 1Password together for 4 years, and this only became an issue with 1Password7. I am semi-content with the workaround of using page up/page down, but I felt like it was worth contributing if a fix is possible.

• I don't have a Master MX so unfortunately I can't test that specific model, but I do have a different Logitech mouse and it scrolls just fine in edit mode in 1Password using the scroll wheel. I do not have any Logitech software installed, though. I'd suggest trying it without the Logitech software.

Ben

• matiaskorhonen
    matiaskorhonen
    Community Member

I have this same issue with my Logitech MX Master with Logitech Options 6.92.231 installed.

Uninstalling Logitech Options might solve this issue, but then I wouldn't be able to do any button assignments on the mouse either.

This is the issue at hand, by the way: https://support.logitech.com/en_ch/article/Logitech-Options-issues-when-Secure-Input-is-enabled

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@matiaskorhonen - I'm afraid that's not one we're going to be able to solve easily (or at all, probably). Secure input has defined parameters that are not defined by us, and it sounds as if Logitech has problems with it. I wish I had an easy workaround for you, but like Ben, I don't have a MX Master to test with, and even if I did, I'm only about 30% sure there would even BE a way to get around limitations imposed by the combination of Secure Input and Logitech's software.

• panth13
    panth13
    Community Member

I am having this issue with 1Password7 as well. I'm using a Logitech MX Anywhere 2S. It doesn't matter what field is in focus, if there is an entry in edit mode, the scroll wheel stops working in every application on my Mac (Mojave).

1Password 7
    Version 7.3.1 (70301007)
    Mac App Store

The link to the secure input is dead, so I'm not sure of the context for that discussion.

• @panth13

I do apologize for the trouble. As Lars alluded I don't believe there is anything we are going to be able to do to address this issue. Not using Secure Input is not an option, and it appears Logitech's mouse software makes it such that their mice experience this problem whenever Secure Input is turned on. I wish I had a better answer to share, but we just can't justify giving up the benefits of Secure Input.

Ben

• einsteinbqat
    einsteinbqat
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

@Ben @Lars @panth13 @matiaskorhonen @mrl @bwyan
    The way around this is to switch from using Bluetooth to using the Unifiying receiver. One of the 3 config on my Master MX is set to use the receiver because you cannot use the Master MX (or any MX) in Bluetooth mode if you are booting in macOS Recovery Mode. So whenever I need to edit a password, I switch to the Unifying receiver, and voilà you can scroll as much as you want.

• @einsteinbqat

Thank you for sharing! Very helpful indeed. :)

This discussion has been closed.