How do I turn off the 1PX login prompt for a specific website (not "save password")?

Is there a way to turn off a login prompt for a specific website for the 1Password X plugin?

I use Trello and frequently need to invite members to a new board. Unfortunately, 1P erroneously recognises the Trello invitation field as a login field and prompts me to enter one of my Trello passwords. The 1P menu overlays the Trello menu, which is very annoying.

If I could disable 1PX for the Trello page, I would be fine not to use 1P (not 1PX) when logging in.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.15.6
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:login prompt turn off

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey leonz! Thanks for reporting this to us. There isn't currently a way to disable 1Password X on a specific domain, but ideally we wouldn't need that. I'm not too sure what's tripping up 1Password X to appear in that field, but my best guess is that the field's HTML name/ID has the word email in it, so 1Password is thinking it's something you want to sign into. I'll go ahead and get this reported to our developers so we can work on improving the experience when inviting someone to a Trello board.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if you can click the 1Password icon inside the field to close the inline menu that way you can use the dropdown behind it. I just tested it out with my own Trello account, and that seemed to help. Let me know how it works out for you!

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#662

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

This is still happening - I'm trying to invite people to a new board, and the password prompt keeps getting in the way. Hopefully it makes it's way up your dev list soon :)

• Thanks @codeknight. Thus far you and the OP are our only reports on this issue. With number of impacted customers being one of our metrics for prioritization that makes it a bit tough, but I'll see if I can do anything to bump it a bit. :)

Ben

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

That's fair enough, although Trello isn't the only place this happens - there are a fair number of websites where the 1P login prompt appears when it's not relevant.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@codeknight – Thanks for the heads up! If you wouldn't mind sharing the website URLs where you notice the 1Password icon appearing in fields when it shouldn't, that'd be super helpful. I'm happy to nudge our developers on any existing reports and create new reports for anything that we aren't aware of already. :)

This discussion has been closed.