Logging into multiple sites that share the same authentication

In 1Password 6 on MacOS when I needed to use a password for domain abc.com on their subdomain or related domain like abc.net, I could activate 1Password, search for abc, and hit enter to use that username and password on the page I was on.

With 1Password 7 on Windows with Firefox that doesn't seem to work. When I find that I need abc.com's password on abc.net and try to search and use that password - 1Password decides to take over the page I'm on, and route me to abc.com and then try to log me in there. Which is fairly stupid. Especially since the Firefox plugin says in text below the search results view "Filling in firefox for abc.net".

And before you suggest I follow the instructions listed in the Knowledge base to create a new login for abc.net, I'd like to note that many of these pages are campaign pages that are up for a few weeks or are one-time-use. Why create a new log in for this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@psionn: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the difficulty! Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted, it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, it sounds like you may be selecting a login for one site while you're on another. In that case, 1Password should open the webpage you've saved in the Login item you selected, if it doesn't match the one you're on. Otherwise it would be easy for 1Password users to fall prey to phishing scams. If your Login has only the url paypal.com, 1Password will not fill it at paypa1.com (with a number one), simple as that. But you can also add multiple URLs to a Login item if needed, to tell 1Password that you want to be able to use it at those sites. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.