another yubikey 4 question

Options

i already enable 2fa, and yubikey 4 support on my 1password. so it's working for windows and chrome. but is there a way to use my yubikey 4 key w/o clicking on "more choices" after windows hello in 1password to unlock. it's defaulting on Windows Hello Pin and i want 1password to remember to use the yubikey 1st if its available. there's too many clicking to use my yubikey 4.

Here's what i have to do to use 1password.

1. click on 1password app on browser.
  2. click on windows hello icon when asked for master password.
  3. click on more choices
  4. click on use companion devices.
  5. click on OK.

I would love to reduce it to 2 clicks (after 1st use of entering the master password).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hue,

Thank you for using 1Password! :+1:

This is a standard Windows Hello behaviour on Windows and I don't think that we can change it. Are you able to use your Yubikey 4 with 2 clicks when you sign in to your Windows profile? Please let me know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• hue
    hue
    Community Member
    Options

The standard login procedure is that Windows remember what you used last to login. So if you switch to pin login, then it will use that first, but you're able to switch to the different login methods in 2 clicks.

On first boot (or restart), Windows may require you to use an alternative login method besides the Yubikey 4. But next time you're prompt with the login screen, you will be able to switch to the Yubikey 4 and it will remember to use that on the next time you're prompt with the login screen. So you don't really need to click on anything else when you wake up your computer because the Yubikey 4 is in the usb.

What I'm asking is if there was a way that 1Password for Windows default to whatever you used last if you click on unlock with Windows Hello button (next to the unlock securely with Windows Secure Desktop). Instead of switching out of Windows Pin to More choices, then select Companion Devices.

• MikeT
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi @hue,

What I'm asking is if there was a way that 1Password for Windows default to whatever you used last if you click on unlock with Windows Hello button (next to the unlock securely with Windows Secure Desktop). Instead of switching out of Windows Pin to More choices, then select Companion Devices.

There isn't any option we can customize inside our app; all we can do is ask Windows to confirm you're authenticated and it just returns yes and no. The entire UI flow is handled by Windows, outside of our controls.

If you'd like to have that support, please file a feedback report with Microsoft in their Feedback Hub app on your PC.

• hue
    hue
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I submitted the feedback to Microsoft.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

While Windows seems to mostly "remember" what I used last time, it does seem to forget for me at times too. Perhaps they can add a way for the user to explicitly set the default (or restriction) for this in the future. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.