Everything works great on my Mac but I can't seem to get the iPad app to recognize my account..

ccyoung
ccyoung
Community Member

I have version 7.2.4 on a MacBook. Everything works great! When I start up on iPad, it wants to know my secret key. According to the online material, I don't have one because I have a standalone license. How do I get started? BTW, the the registered email for the purchase is not the one associated with this query (though they are both me) - I would be happy to provide that as well as order number in a less public channel. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Getting iPad app to work...

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ccyoung!

When you launch 1Password on your iPad for the first time, you should see a list of options for where your data could be stored. I think you selected 1Password.com there, but your data must be somewhere else (for example, on Dropbox or iCloud).

You need to select the correct location for your data and 1Password will be able to download it without a Secret Key ;)

• ccyoung
    ccyoung
    Community Member

Hmm, I thought I did choose Dropbox. You are right I must not have done it correctly because doing it again just now fixed everything. Thanks so much!

• Thanks for the update @ccyoung. I'm glad to hear it worked out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.