1Password X one source info suggestion.....

Hello 1Password X Techs,

Thanks for all you do and have done answering our questions... even when we sometimes do not make sense !

Being a new user to 1Password X I tried to figure it out as I went along. I googled any and all references to "how to use 1Password X", visited the 1Password support website, read all recent posts to the forum and watched all relevant vids on YouTube. I finally was able to piece together a coherent picture of the "what's and how to's". Time consuming and inefficient. I understand that this product is still being developed, but there might be a better way of insuring your clients get the up to date info they need in a more coherent and consistent way. Maybe someone has suggested this before:

The company I work for maintains a pdf doc on its website which essentially is a "user manual" for a detailed, specific, changing... very complicated process that all must be up to date on and adhere to. I would suggest to you that you might consider this method. Our person who maintains the pdf doc says it is easy to modify and uses less human resources.

** Consolidate all instructions and methods for use of Password X in one word processing doc. This would include initial set up, features, program instructions, hints, etc

** As more information becomes available or changes the person in charge just changes the word processing doc. The trick is to change the type color of the changes to, let's say, red. This way past users can revisit the pdf doc and just look for "red" type which indicates changes. The red type could stay for two months and then, through the "find and replace" function of the word processing doc, changed back to black. Once a change session has been completed in the word processing doc it can be saved as pdf and replacing existing doc on the web site.

At our company we love it because we can go to one place and insure we are "up to date". Simple... beats searching in 10-15 places for user information.

Food for thought...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @1200gs

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the learning curve with 1Password X. I think we tend to want to design things in such a way that they are intuitive, and don't necessarily need explicit documentation. Obviously everyone has different backgrounds, and different comfort levels, and there are some things that despite best efforts will just never be intuitive for even the majority of customers. So, we do obviously need some level of documentation. We currently offer that primarily through our support website at https://support.1password.com. We're certainly open to other ways in which we might be able to present information but it is fairly important to us that we don't slow the whole process down by trying to detail every little thing in documentation.

In short: we'll continue to look for ways in which we can improve and lower the learning curve. Thanks again for your thoughts. :)

Ben

• 1200gs
    1200gs
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks for your quick response.

I understand that you are trying to develop a process/product that is intuitive. It is been my experience that learning the basics/“reading the manual “ allows my intuition a much more efficient reign.

Piecing together the learning process has never been good in any industry. If you can think of one please let me know. Even going to your support site you have to search and find to put together a in-depth coherent thought process.

I’m OK… I had the tenacity to figure it out, but I’m just thinking of your customers/clients… There’s an easier way my friend.

• Thanks. :) :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.