Major Lag Between Clicking on Record and its information showing

Options
xparrot
xparrot
Community Member

If leave 1Password on my Mac running Mojave, and come back and then click on a different record. The list of items changes but the information in the right sidebar can sometimes take a minute to showup. It will show the previous record I was on.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 688001
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xparrot - when you say "a minute," do you mean you're actually estimating it takes around 60 seconds (because that would be a very long time indeed!)? Or do you just mean "a while?" I'm mostly curious, just to make sure I have an idea of what you're really referring to here. I don't want you to have to time it with a stopwatch or anything ;) -- just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

I notice you've said you're running 1Password 6 for Mac (6.8.8). If that's the case, the first thing I'd do is upgrade to 6.8.9, which is the final version of 1Password 6 for Mac. As you are probably aware, 1Password 7 for Mac has been available since last May, and since it was released, version 6 has been in legacy mode. That means it hasn't been receiving development attention or compatibility fixes, and it won't be in the future either. If a critical security vulnerability were to be found, we would patch version 6 but otherwise, it's out of development. That means if updating to 6.8.9 and restarting your Mac doesn't solve this, then my next advice would be to upgrade to version 7 where bug fixes and development is still ongoing and active. Let me know what you discover with an update/restart.

• xparrot
    xparrot
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry this was resolved throught the update.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear the update fixed the issue :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.