How to stop 1password 7 from checking and nagging for updates on windows?

I know you can uncheck automatic update, but how to stop it from negging?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to stop 1password 7 from checking for updates on windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Woodpeckerbaby: That's not something 1Password does. Can you clarify the behaviour you're looking for though?

• Woodpeckerbaby
    Woodpeckerbaby
    Community Member

It does. Everywhere. In mini, in chrome and in the main app. There is a blue bar that keeps coming back asking to be updated

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Woodpeckerbaby,

If you did not disable automatic updates in Settings, 1Password for Windows should update in the background and I wonder why it doesn't happen on your side. Could you please specify the exact version of 1Password 7 you have now? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• tmmcquis
    tmmcquis
    Community Member

I am running 7.3.684, and using 1Password in a place without regular internet access. I get hounded once per minute about proxy settings so it can check for an update. I cannot find any setting which tells the system to not check for updates. I have "Automatically update when the app is locked" disabled, but that doesn't have any effect.

• There isn't an option not to try checking for updates, but I don't see anything popping up when I unplug my desktop from the internet so it may be that something about your network configuration is causing some misbehavior here. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this post in the body of your e-mail. That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, we can track down the diagnostics more easily and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :+1:

Once I see the diagnostics I'll have a better idea of what might be going sideways here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.