1Password mini search results ordering

skatch
skatch
Community Member

I often bring up 1pwd mini to search. (My most frequent use case is to open a new browser tab, bring up 1pwd mini to search for a login, then hit enter to go to that site and autofill). I love the new redesigned mini, but one thing that would make it faster is if logins were displayed at the top of search results, before other 1pwd data types. For example, every time I type my bank's name in 1pwd mini, I get several entries—checking/savings/etc. accounts, credit cards, as well as the login. I almost always want the login to show up first, but since results are alphabetical I have to arrow down several times to get to it.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com subscription

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skatch,

Especially in an empty tab I can see why it would make a lot more sense to list Login items first. I can't make any promises but I will file an issue if we don't have something already because you make a compelling case and I can't see how it wouldn't benefit the majority of users.

ref: apple-3355

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member

I too, would like to see this change. I think it makes sense even on non-empty tabs. For most users...

...sure I understand that maybe I want to search to look at the contents of a Note, or a Bank Account number to help filling out a form on the page I'm on but in that case I'm going to be interacting with Mini to scroll, or copy fields, etc. so having to click on the 2nd or 3rd match first isn't that big of a deal. Whereas if I'm looking to navigate to a different page and logon I really want it to just type a few characters, hit Return, and Done!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rlh - thanks for adding your voice to this one. Adam's raised the issue internally here, so while we don't have anything to announce on it this quickly, it is indeed on our developers' radar screens. Thanks. :)

• BunnyW
    BunnyW
    Community Member

Definitely a must to get this issue sorted

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BunnyW! Thank you for adding your feedback to this one.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.